question

nunomnm avatar image
nunomnm asked

Configuration BP-65 with 2 victron Gel Battery 110AH (BAT412101084)

Hello,

I set up an off-grid system with two 12V series batteries, I also have a BP-65 battery protector.

What is the correct setting value on the battery protector from 0 to 9 so that the batteries disconnect when they reach a 50% discharge.

I find no information about the relationship between the voltage of the batteries and their discharge value.

Thank you for your help.

Nuno Morais

offgrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

On its own, the Battery Protect acts on Voltage levels which you can choose with 0-9. It does not measure current, so it cannot calculate or act on state of charge.

It's not easy for us to tell you which option to use because we don't know what sort of loads you have. Heavy loads will cause the battery Voltage to be lower even when SOC is high. With light loads, battery Voltage can be still high even though battery state of charge is low. It is not a linear curve.

If you have a BMV or some other instrument which does calculate state of charge then, in the case of a BMV, it's relay contacts can be used to trigger the BP65 to disconnect at a certain SOC.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nunomnm avatar image nunomnm commented ·

Ok, I understand.

So this way it will be difficult for me to configure the battery protector because I do not have a BMV.

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes 0 ·
aliwes avatar image
aliwes answered ·

This is just the question that I have too :-)

WKirby, I have the BMV 712 and the BP 65 (Smart). How do I trigger the cut off and what value should this operation be set to please? I have just one Victron 220ah gel battery.

Thanks in anticipation.

2 |3000

Related Resources