question

aldo avatar image
aldo asked

Schedule between "keep batteries charged" and "self-consumption" in the ESS program

Good morning. Can someone please suggest me to schedule the change the state between "keep batteries charged" and "self-consumption" in the ESS program? Let me explain better, living in a country on the equator with 12 hours of sunshine and 12 hours of darkness a day all year round, I would like to use self-consumption during the day but switch to "keep the batteries charged at night.

My installation:

Victron Quattro 10KW 48V

Frunius 8.2

10Kw solar pannel

Small battery bank 200Ah (which will later be increased ).

Currently everything works well in "Keep the battery charge", and I'm happy, but during the day I waste a lot of energy coming from the panels, and at the same time I wish the batteries were 100% charged at night.

Kind regards

ESSVenus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·
Currently everything works well in "Keep the battery charge", and I'm 
happy, but during the day I waste a lot of energy coming from the 
panels, and at the same time I wish the batteries were 100% charged at 
night.

And you want to keep the battery charged at 100% during all night (so not discharged unless there is a grid failure), or you use the energy from the battery during the night?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

aldo avatar image
aldo answered ·

Yes during the night i want keep the battery charged at 100% during all night.

At the moment my daily routine is: At 8 Am I switch from "Keep the battery Charged" to "Optimize" and opposite at 5 PM ..

2 |3000

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

I am not sure if node red allows for scheduled changes of ESS mode.

I know there are no modbus registers for these settings so would be interested to know if this is possible, as well as changing the value of ESS inverter limit, one way or another.

I have questions for this in the modifications section but have received no answers.

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) anyone from team victron that can help with these queries?

2 |3000

aldo avatar image
aldo answered ·

Opss I had missed this question :-(

In the end I decided to increase the battery with No 6 powerwall 48v 200ah each. I hope to solve the problem. (fingers crossed).

Thanks @Seb71

2 |3000