question

Jesus Mazo avatar image
Jesus Mazo asked

is it possible to run a 1Ph PV inverter in frequency shifting on a 3Ph Victron Quattro system?

Hi.

I have got an off-grid 3Ph 400V system comprised by 3x 15kVA Quattros and would like to install a Fronius 1ph Galvo PV inverter. Is this possible through the PV inverter support assistant? or mustit be a 3ph pv inverter?

Also, taking into account that for physicals reasons, there can not be modbus communication between the Fronius and the GX device, the system should work autonomously in frequency response.

AC PV CouplingFroniusfrequency
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

yes you can, you can even run 3 x single phase grid tie units it really makes no diferance to the grid tie units, I have not use the Fronius units.

keep in mind that you will end up with a unbalanced 3 phase load on you incoming grid and even just on phase exporting.

if its a generator system then I dont know how the gen will like the unbalanced load

Its not recommended by victron through

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jesus Mazo avatar image Jesus Mazo commented ·

Thanks Paul. We have got a PLC controlling the system and we are adding some control safety layers of logics to prevent back-feeding, we will definitely have your feedback in mind

0 Likes 0 ·