question

modian avatar image
modian asked

GX Tank 140

Good morning,

I read a lot about the GX Tank 140 converter box which could be used to read voltage or current sensors at the Cerbo GX. This box has been announced by YE 2020.

Any update on the availability of the converter box?

Dirk

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
colins avatar image
colins answered ·

Ditto! We have demand building for this solution!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

matt-1 avatar image
matt-1 answered ·

Hi guys any updates on this GX tank 140? i have a caravan with 0-5v sender i would love to interface into the cerbo but currently very stuck. Also i would love for the second relay to shunt the tank pump down? anyone ever had any luckm with this? i was looking into node red to create myown code

2 |3000

matt-1 avatar image
matt-1 answered ·

Hi guys, Any news on this?

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

The last "news" about it I saw a few days ago from Matthijs Vader:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/74302/cerbo-gx-water-tank-level-sensor-recommendations-n.html?childToView=80492#answer-80492

I guess there will be a official blog post as soon as it is available.

https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/

0 Likes 0 ·
dirkmuc avatar image
dirkmuc answered ·

Good morning,

I think we will see a release very soon. The device is already mentioned on their website

https://www.victronenergy.de/accessories/gx-tank-140

Cheers

Dirk

2 |3000

modian avatar image
modian answered ·

The manual is available on Victron Homepage now ( looks great :-) )

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/GX_Tank_140/GX_Tank_140-en.pdf

Is it possible to monitor the Tank overview with Cerbo GX with resistor sensors as well without the Tank 140?

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/GX_Tank_140/en/monitoring.html

1616104100120.png

1616104100120.png (400.4 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

djingis avatar image djingis commented ·

I want this as well!

Partly got the Cerbo GX so I could use it as a display for my tanks. But just need the page/display. Tanks are already connected to the Cerbo GX and dont need an the tank 140...

0 Likes 0 ·
jesseafuchs avatar image
jesseafuchs answered ·

Hi!

I was cruising the GX Tank 140 manual, and I had an idea! Please be easy, and I am just spitballing off the limited information I could find on the SEELEVEL system.

Unfortunately, I don't have my SEELEVEL senders yet as they are stuck over the border because I tried to save money on shipping to Canada .... so this idea may be way off but...

Does anyone know what the signal is sent back as from the SEELEVEL sender? Like is it 0-10v? Is it resistive? is it 4-20ma?

I was thinking that I could bypass the SEELEVEL display completely so I could view levels on a GX display or the Victron portal. I would Jump the GX Tank 140 internal power from channels 3 and 4 to channel 1 and 2, not remove any of the SEELEVEL sender tabs. then power the SEELevel senders individually sending the signals right back to the GX Tank 140! Viola!

1 comment
2 |3000

Justin Tierney avatar image Justin Tierney commented ·
Any update to this?
0 Likes 0 ·
nighteagle avatar image
nighteagle answered ·

Hello,

I plan to mount a sensor on the Bottom of the tank not on the top - if i use the votronic 0-10V capacity tanksensor it would not a problem - because it is reading the capacity from the two steel rods on the sensor!? I think it don't differs of using bottom up or top down for the steel-rods to measure the capacity. Some thoughts about this?

1 comment
2 |3000

p-rhodan avatar image p-rhodan commented ·

Hi nightangle,

last weekend I did exactly that :-) I have a Votronic 5543 tank electrode 12-24 K installed in the bottom of the gray water tank (so to speak upside down).

This is connected to the GX Tank 140, which is connected to a RaspBerry Pi 3 with Venus OS 2.80.

It runs wonderfully, however, the tank sensor has max 0V- 2.2V output signal, Venus OS supports the input of the LowLevel and HighLevel values only a decimal place, which makes it somewhat inaccurate.

It would be great if the input in the GX Tank 140 device, supports at least 2 digits after the decimal point.

The tank is the "Abwasser" tank in the screenshot. Max. Tank capacity is 80l, currently it is filled with 78l.

1631721466248.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1631721466248.png (30.8 KiB)