question

kiwiken avatar image
kiwiken asked

How do I get the Multiplus thats inside my EasySolar to appear on Victron Connect ?

I have a Victron EasySolar 48/5000 with colour control, 6 x 330 watt solar panels and 8 x 6v 300ah Narada Lead Carbon batteries. The site is completely Off Grid, No Cellphone coverage or internet. The solar charge controller bluetooths to my phone but the Multiplus does not. Error 38 comes up if I run the backup generator for more that 45 mins. I think the Multiplus is set to a higher charging voltage than the Solar Controller and this causes the error 38.I need to check and change the Multiplus settings as shown in the Vicron Connect Demo . I am not sure witch Dongle device I need, can anyone advise me, Thanks.

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
solarbackup avatar image
solarbackup answered ·

Update the firmware of your color control to v.2.60. switch on your phones bluetooth. open up victron connect. click on local. the multiplus will then appear.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

To change settings you will need a MK3 Interface.

2 |3000

solarbackup avatar image
solarbackup answered ·

Settings can be done via VRM if you dont have a MK3 cable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK-N-bU1gXo

2 |3000

kiwiken avatar image
kiwiken answered ·

Thanks for the info, note that I have No internet or cellphone coverage at the EasySolar site.

The MK3 interface goes to USB , how will this connect to my Android phone?

The CCGX does not appear in the device list, How do I update to the latest version ?

I have the latest version of Victron Connect on my phone.

Thanks Ken.

2 |3000

solarbackup avatar image
solarbackup answered ·

on your android phone you get a data cable that connects to your phone and MK3 see example of such a cable here. https://www.takealot.com/zf-type-c-otg-data-cable-connector-type-c-to-female-otg-cable/PLID66622378?gclid=Cj0KCQiArvX_BRCyARIsAKsnTxMvFvut3CLPUbbtsgRFcUUJ3b_8_mDJZO-obMNvY30_j0zJ4Nh14xQaAuI2EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

You can download the software from victrons website onto a usb and plug it into the color control as last resort

2 |3000