question

pontus7 avatar image
pontus7 asked

blue power panel

i have a multiplus 24/3000/70, bmv 700 monitor, i`m now buying a blue power panel, can i use the shunt from the bmv monitor to the BPP or do i need a new shunt?

and which cables do i need?

Battery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@pontus7

I have never used a blue power panel before, but looking at the manual I can see that there is no way to connect your BMV 700 to it directly for monitoring.

1610208549150.pngBMV 700 uses a ve direct cable to a device with ve direct or usb ports (GX devices with ve direct are Venus GX and Color control or the Cerbo among others).

The plug on the bmv shunt itself is not an RJ45. The blue power panel has ve net connections. Seem to be more designed for this product

https://www.victronenergy.com/battery-monitors/ve-net-battery-controller

And you would need CAT5 cables with RJ45 for connecting up everything.

I just wanted to add though that the VE net stuff is depreciated in favor of the more modern stuff.

So it may be better for you to get a Venus if cost is a consideration with a ve direct to ve direct cable for the bmv, and an RJ45 cable for the Multi to Venus.

1610208549150.png (26.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.