question

Glen Rowe avatar image
Glen Rowe asked

Settings Tips mppt 75/15 Bluesolar using Lithium 100ah And 200w Solar Blanket

Just purchased 75/15 blue solar mppt and using with battery box which holds 100ah lithium battery (solar king 100ah) just wondering what the best settings are for mppt setup (Bluetooth Dongle) - I have selected Lifepo4 thus far but that’s it, any other useful tips I’m using 200watt solar blanket - using for camping to run 75l fridge lights etc . Cheers Glen

MPPT ControllersLithium Battery
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Glen Rowe avatar image Glen Rowe commented ·

82bd6d9a-5d90-47a6-b192-8009f3c9ab21.jpeg
Solar King 100ah Lithium Battery Specs

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Glen Rowe commented ·

Max charge voltage seems to be very high. I wouldn't go that high.

Just saw a review here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saVqYQVfXQ0

They showed installation instruction where it says recommended bulk voltage (which is absorption voltage) 14.8V. Even that seems to be on the high side. But depending on chemistry and cell type could be real. I suggest contacting the dealer or get in contact with Solar King and ask for advice on bulk/absorption and float voltage to be on the safe side.

0 Likes 0 ·
Glen Rowe avatar image Glen Rowe Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Awesome suggestion will do. Thanks for the feedback.

0 Likes 0 ·
peterb381 avatar image peterb381 Glen Rowe commented ·

Hey Glen, just curious how you went - and what figures you decided upon. Thanks in advance, cheers Peter

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Glen Rowe,

no tips. It should work out of the box when LiFePO4 is selected. But you should check that the settings 14.2V Absorption and 13.5V Float are in line with the specs of your battery manufacturer.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Glen Rowe avatar image Glen Rowe commented ·

Cheers I will double check battery specs.

0 Likes 0 ·