question

maronism avatar image
maronism asked

Multiplus-II ESS with Genset and ATS

I've got a Multiplus II 48/5000, and am planning to install a second Multi, with capacity to bring all of the loads onto the ESS. At the same time, finishing installing a 1500rpm generator that is connected via an automatic transfer switch with the grid connection.

My objective is to use the ESS as a buffer for when the AC loads exceed the capacity of the grid, and then switch to the generator. This is both during a power outage (loss of mains) or when there simply is not sufficient power available from the grid (which routinely occurs in the winter months). The generator is sized sufficiently to power all of the AC loads, as well as provide capacity to charge the batteries.

What is the best method for connecting to and/or monitoring the ATS and generator, so that the GX can call for the generator to start/stop, and to not backfeed from the Multis to the genset? Or, do I need to control the ATS and genset externally from the GX?

Multiplus-IIGenerator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Hi

You can use either, The GX can be set to different parameters like SOC, Load, battery voltage etc by setting the parameters via VE configure etc.

I have done this on one site with a load setting and SOC setting to not allow the batteries to go to flat, and to keep then in top shape.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.