question

bluecirrus avatar image
bluecirrus asked

Cerbo Gx stuck in ‘fetching data’ Bluetooth.

Stuck in ‘fetching data’ when using Bluetooth. Wifi and the vrm connection works fine. New installation today. I am using an iPhone. Tried to remove power for a couple of minutes. Restarted the app, on and off with Bluetooth... works fine with my mppt, Orion charger and the bmv712.

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @BlueCirrus,

EDIT - See Matthijs answer above, and if still experiencing issues after updating to Venus 2.62...

Then recreate the issue again in the app, and then create a service report and post it back here and I will pass it along to the developers.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bluecirrus avatar image bluecirrus commented ·

Thanks for a quick feedback. I see that i am not the only one struggling with the cerbo and bluetooth.

I will make a report and post it back in about a week.

Thanks Arne

0 Likes 0 ·
blutow avatar image blutow bluecirrus commented ·

I am having the same issue. Installed the beta firmware and it didn't fix the problem. Still stuck on "fetching" with bluetooth.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @blutow - can you please attach the service report?

0 Likes 0 ·
blutow avatar image blutow Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Just uploaded it

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hey @BlueCirrus, Guy asked me to help.

We fixed an issue just like that in a new version not yet officially available.

In case you’d like to try, see here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:beta-testing

or wait a while (weeks I think) for it to become officially available

sorry to about the trouble!

Matthijs

6 comments
2 |3000

blutow avatar image blutow commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ blutow commented ·

Hi Blutow, thanks - and I understand you installed a v2.62 beta version. Could you please confirm which exact version you installed? We'll be looking at your log file.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Blutow, we checked the logfile, and to solve the issue you need to fully close the VictronConnect app. And then start it back up again.

The procedure on fully stopping the app depends on your phone. On an iPhone you need to slide the app up from the app overview.

Please let me know if this sorts it for you; thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

ps. I'll also add a note to the v2.62 changelog that doing the restart is necessary.

0 Likes 0 ·
blutow avatar image blutow mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Sorry for slow response, I just saw this. I did restart the app and also tried deleting and reinstalling the app (as well as deleting the devices from bluetooth setup panel on phone). Neither seemed to make a difference and it woudl still hang on "fetching". It's more of an annoyance than anything, you just can't use the bluetooth connection when the cerbo isn't connected to wifi. Not much can be done from bluetooth anyway, so not a big deal. I'm not sure why the cerbo would care whether wifi is there or not to establish a bluetooth connection, but there is some conflict happening. It seems like it actually makes the bluetooth connection, but then hangs up with the "fetch" like there's something related to wifi it's depending on. This is all off memory since I haven't messed with the system for a while, but I think that's all correct. I'm waiting on an inverter to arrive and I will retest once I've got stuff fired back up. Have not installed the system yet, this is all bench testing.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ blutow commented ·

Hey Blutow, I tried to reproduce the issue here, but can't.

If you can once you're working on it again, pls do leave another message with the results or steps to reproduce. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Thank you for helping making it a better product!

Matthijs

0 Likes 0 ·