question

leverg avatar image
leverg asked

Strange behaviour Cyrix

I have 2 batteries in the boat, one is start, one is household. I,ve recently rewired the whole system. But now the voltage over both batteries is allways the same. The only thing that could connect both batteries is the cyrix, however if I understand it correctly the cyrix shouldnt connect them together when there is no charging power from pv or alternator ? The cyrix is not connected currently apart from the plus wires. The override wire and the minus wire haven`t been installed yet. Might this trigger this situation ? I don`t know what the default relay state is of the cyrix when not active.

Cyrix Battery Combiner
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

With only the positive of both batteries connected the cyrix should be open.
Disconnect all wires and measure the continuity between the large battery posts.
If there is continuity than the contacts are welded together and you need a new cyrix.

For the opening and closing behavior look into the manual.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

leverg avatar image leverg commented ·

Thanks, i,ll measure it tomorrow. Might be that the contacts are stuck indeed.

0 Likes 0 ·
leverg avatar image leverg leverg commented ·

Seems to be working again, however I would really like to know when the Cyrix is active or not.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ leverg commented ·

What cyrix do you have?

This is for the normal cyrix-ct (out of the datasheet):
1610300832943.png

1610300851077.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1610300832943.png (77.5 KiB)
1610300851077.png (45.8 KiB)