question

Marco Meile avatar image
Marco Meile asked

SmartSolar Temperature Compensation changes voltage in the wrong direction

Hi all,

i'am using a SmartSolar MPPT 100/30 with firmware 1.54 and a external ve.net temperature sensor.

When setting the temp. compensation to -30mV, on temperature below 25c, in my case 18c, the voltage is lowered from 29,4V to ~29,25V instead of 29,55V.

When setting the compensation to 30mV (plus) it works as expected.

Is this a bug?

Thanks so far

Marco

MPPT Controllerstemperature compensation
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

saskak avatar image saskak commented ·

I know it is an old thread, but I am seeing the exact same thing with my smart solar 100/40 ver 1.61 (latest version), but it does not seemed to have been answered here. I posted my question/experience here: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/225175/smart-solar-mppt-temperature-compensation-flipped.html

Hopefully there will be someone answering any of these.

0 Likes 0 ·
6 Answers
Marco Meile avatar image
Marco Meile answered ·

pushing the bug up again

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

michelg avatar image
michelg answered ·

Hi Marco, just let 30mV without sign, the mppt should adapt to the needs.

Michel

1 comment
2 |3000

Marco Meile avatar image Marco Meile commented ·

but how can that be the solution if is simply wrong. this leads into damaged batteries and must be fixed!

0 Likes 0 ·
Marco Meile avatar image
Marco Meile answered ·

hey victron people, whats up?

1 comment
2 |3000

dan avatar image dan commented ·

Hi, so have u a fix for this.

0 Likes 0 ·
wanek avatar image
wanek answered ·

hello!

did anyone can give a proper answer for this issue?

2 |3000

tomas-arthuzzi avatar image
tomas-arthuzzi answered ·

Anyone from Victron will ever respond this?

2 |3000

vedasdoo avatar image
vedasdoo answered ·

Hi all,

Indeed, nothing has changed in terms of temperature compensation, despite the new FW ver. 1.63.

I have checked it thoroughly this time. As somebody stated before, put the numbers without "-" sign.

I believe it works well with "-" sign in case you have remote BVM device installed, but I do not need it in my application.

More important is how you set other critical parameters in your system.

Please, read this comment:

https://community.victronenergy.com/comments/240659/view.html

Regards

Marin

2 |3000

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic