question

bathnm avatar image
bathnm asked

SSH access to remote Cerbo

I suspect I know the answer to this already ;)

Does anyone know of any way to get a console/ssh session to a remote Cerbo. Due to current lock down rules I cant get to the boat to do some diagnostic testing and/or development. I had planed to install OpenVPN, but didn't get a chance prior to leaving,

Venus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

You must set up root and ssh access from the Cerbo control panel before you can access remotely. If Cerbo is behind a firewall, you also need to set up port forwarding (port 22 for ssh) in the router. This too probably needs to be done on the LAN side of the router (not via the WAN side).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

Yes it is all working while local. No router as it is using the GSM/4G dongle.

Was hopping there was some means of using the Victron remote tunnels

2 |3000

bywalabear avatar image
bywalabear answered ·

I know this is old, but just a note: I always setup a reverse-ssh tunnel using autossh to a cheap VPS (check out lowendbox.com) so that I always have access to my boat's network no matter what crazy network topology is between me and the server.

2 |3000

Related Resources