question

fchurtic avatar image
fchurtic asked

Change from Mastervolt to Victron Lithium and need for an assistant

Hi, I am changing from a Mastervolt Victron mixed system into a full Victron system (yacht). In a nutshell:

- Up until now I have had a Multiplus 24/3000 charging 3 parallel Mastevolt Lithium 24/160h mk1. It has worked very well over the years: the Multiplus reached float phase and limited charging autonomously. There was no intelligence from the batteries controlling the Multiplus too stop charge
- Now the Mastervolt batteries are tired and I wanted to change into Victron batteries (Smart 24V/200Ah) .

My question is: why would I need and assistant to drive the Multiplus?. Wouldn't the Multiplus just read the voltage and change into float when required? I don't want to overcomplicate things.

Note that the safety relay is another topic which I totally understand. Any light on the issue most welcomed

Regards

Francisco

Assistants
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources