question

pigeonproductions avatar image
pigeonproductions asked

Multiplus 12/3000/120 Not detected through MK3

Hi Multiples 12/3000/120 not detected through MK3-USB. Clicked auto detect in veconfig as per instructions on ve configure 3 basics video on victron site but it has not shown “target found”.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerMK3
8 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

What version of firmware are your MultiPluses on?

0 Likes 0 ·
pigeonproductions avatar image pigeonproductions wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

The manual says xxxx400 or higher but I can’t find specific firmware marked on the unit.

0 Likes 0 ·
pigeonproductions avatar image pigeonproductions commented ·

Sorry should say multiplus in title

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ pigeonproductions commented ·

There is a label inside the unit which is stuck onto the microcontroller chip.

The number will begin with 18xxxxx, 19xxxxx, 26xxxxx or 27xxxxx

0 Likes 0 ·

2609413.VFD

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ pigeonproductions commented ·

Good. One more question, I ask because it's happened before. Is the MultiPlus turned on when you are trying to connect. You've followed the video, but I just want to eliminate possibilities before moving on to Windows / driver fault finding.

0 Likes 0 ·

Yes it is.

0 Likes 0 ·
pigeonproductions avatar image pigeonproductions pigeonproductions commented ·

Hi W Kirby would you be able to help with driver/windows fault finding please? I’ve gone through again following the video and same problem - not detected.

Thanks

Ben

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

maybe your computers USB port is not recognizing the MK3 and you need the correct usb driver.

To connect your computer to a VE.Bus product (Multis, Quattros and Inverters), you need a driver for MK2-USB (ASS030130000) / MK3-USB (ASS030140000) and an RJ45 UTP cable (ASS030064xxx and ASS030065xxx).

https://www.victronenergy.com/support-and-downloads/software

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pigeonproductions avatar image pigeonproductions commented ·

I have downloaded the drivers the VE configure 3 supplied (although it only mentions MK2)

It also says on computers with internet windows will automatically download the correct driver itself, and the computer is connected to internet.

I have the MK3-USB cOnnected to computer via USB and to the Multiplus via RJ45 UTP cable.

0 Likes 0 ·
andwi avatar image
andwi answered ·

Same problem for me. We have a compact multiplus, 12/2000/80. The firmware number is 1871148.HEX. The config software will find the MK3 interface, but nothing more. It remain in the Please Select... mode.

1 comment
2 |3000

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

First of all I have the exact same MultiPlus as you have, 12/2000/80 with 1871148.HEX firmware.

I think maybe in the software you see something like "MK3 Detected (VE.Bus devices only)", am I right?
If that is the case then you MK3 device is probably working correctly.

Your problem then is that there are no VE.Bus devices to work with.
Your 12/200/80 on 1871148.HEX is an old VE.9bit device (not VE.Bus) It will not work with MK3. You need to use a MK2 adapter if you want to change the settings with VE.Configure.

Also, there is no change to use a VE.9bit device with CCGX or VenusGX or anything like that. It is too old.
Sorry to bring bad news.

0 Likes 0 ·