question

brent-carroll avatar image
brent-carroll asked

SmartLithium Battery (200ah) Temperature Offset - very confused

Cold last night, about freezing, 32F, no heat in the van at all, and I was not in it. This morning, still freezing out, I checked the battery temps in the Victron App, and each showed ~66F. I also noted the temperature offset setting, and mine showed +38F and "Resulting temperature: 124F. I have never touched that setting on my three batteries. I thought maybe I could adjust it to match the ambient temperature, so I tried. I could adjust the offset down to 20F, but the "Resulting temperature" then read 106F. Sorry, but none of this makes sense to me. Any suggestions? I do not want to be charging if below 40F.

bug report
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Tsama Parsons-Pineda avatar image Tsama Parsons-Pineda commented ·

Hi Brent,

I am having the same issue. Battery temperature offset keeps changing automatically. I was wondering if you found any solution to this issue?

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
rznicolo avatar image rznicolo Tsama Parsons-Pineda commented ·
@Matthias Lange - DE have you heard of this issue?
0 Likes 0 ·
rob-s avatar image rob-s commented ·
Hi Brent,

Having same problem as well. You can reset battery temp to default (zero offset) by going to settings (gear symbol), then three vertical dots in upper right corner. Temp will read properly for a short period, then revert to 38-43 degree offset. I have not received any help on this yet.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
rob-s avatar image
rob-s answered ·

Glitch with Fahrenheit degrees and temperature auto calibration in Victron connect, should have resolution soon. For now, set Victron connect to degrees celsius, add offset of -1 degree celsius. This works correctly as a temporary work around. Batteries will not perform auto temp. calibration when an offset is entered.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Is the glitch in the app, or on your side?
0 Likes 0 ·
rob-s avatar image rob-s kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
glitch is in app
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic