question

kurtinge avatar image
kurtinge asked

Victron Smart Shunt connection distance problem

Hi!

My smartshunt is mounted close to the batteries and these are of course located not very central in my sailboat. When I am in the cabin in the front I really cant get any connection. I guess it will be difficult to do something about it, as this is limitation in the bluetooth stack. But it should might be a function which keep the latest view in the memory or buffer? Of cource with a timestamp so I can see it is not alive. Together with a background update in the app, then this would really be great. This thong should not be very hard to develop as many apps are doing background updating.

SmartShuntdevelopment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kurtinge avatar image
kurtinge answered ·

I did a installation of the Victron Venus OS in a Raspberry Pi and connected it to the VRM. This solved the problem indeed and the respons rate is even faster than the bluetooth stack :-) Now I can check it out everywhere

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic