question

jefndeb avatar image
jefndeb asked

Cerbo GX Wifi & Bluetooth Lights never stop blinking-

Issue- Both the Wi-Fi & Bluetooth Lights blink all the time, Wi-Fi connection is active & good, VRM works fine, however this issue got my attention when I was trying to connect the app local via Bluetooth, the app just says :fetching Data" but never connects...device is paired and connected....I see "Multiplus" on the device under Bluetooth devices connected....firmware is up to date, looking for ideas.....diagram of our system attached...screenshot-2020-11-06-220525.jpg

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
os2dude avatar image
os2dude answered ·

I don't think this is an 'error' or a 'bug'. From the CERBO GX manual:

Section 8.4 LEDS & Push-button:

During Operation

• Wifi Access Point LED blinks red: built-in WiFi Access Point disabled <<=
  • Wifi Access Point blinks green: built-in WiFi access point enabled (default)
  • Bluetooth LED off: Bluetooth disabled
  • Bluetooth LED blinks blue: Bluetooth enabled <<=
  • Bluetooth LED solid blue: Bluetooth connection to VictronConnect app established

I think Alexandra's solution of 'Cover Them With Tape' is the only option.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

manny-martinez avatar image
manny-martinez answered ·

did you ever figure this out?

2 |3000

3dclassen avatar image
3dclassen answered ·

I got the same issue, except everything ist working perfectly, also Bluetooth connection. I would like to know, how to shut down blinking or even the LED´s, because it´s annoying and I don´t understand why they are blinking...
...any suggestions?

2 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@3dclassen

Go low tec, stick a piece of insulation tape over it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Anthony Beebe avatar image Anthony Beebe commented ·
I have the same problem. Blinking orange (wifi) and blue (bluetooth) lights, but working perfrectly. Don't think I ever saw the wifi light green. Does anyone have an idea what is going on?
0 Likes 0 ·
3dclassen avatar image
3dclassen answered ·

I had the fear, that this is the solution...pathetic, but functional ;)

2 |3000

Patrick avatar image
Patrick answered ·
2 |3000