question

2019pmv avatar image
2019pmv asked

Cerbo GX to connect via bluetooth?

I have a new system set up. Several issues. This one is about the Cerbo GX not connecting to my devices via wifi. Never has and there is no connection to delete as spoken to in the manual. I have no way to utilize this via bluetooth which I need because the wifi connection is also having issues. So is the GX50 monitor which then leaves me unable to control my inverter etc. Any help is greatly appreciated!

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
michelg avatar image
michelg answered ·

Hi 2019pmv...

1) The Cerbo GX will ONLY connect to an Access Point (Wifi Router) and not to your Victron Devices.

2) You can connect the Cerbo GX to your Router using the ethernet port and an RJ-45 / Cat5/6 cable, it works perfectly.

3) Bluetooth is used to connect your phone LOCALLY to your Cerbo GX and access the wifi networking parameters, so you can make changes to connect to the local network. It will not connect to any other Victron Devices (Only Android / iPhone with the software from VictronConnect).

4) Does your Cerbo GX use the last firmware version, 2.60 ?

5) Connectivity of the Cerbo GX is explained in the manual here

I hope it helps you clarifiying and fixing the issues.

Michel

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.