question

kb1234 avatar image
kb1234 asked

BlueSolar PWM Light Winter Use

Hi,

My travel trailer came with a 100W panel setup and a BlueSolar PWM Light 12/24V-10 hooked up to a hybrid 12V battery. I'm wondering if that is a reliable system for keeping the battery charged over the winter. My concern is that with colder temperatures the battery fully charged voltage will decrease a half of volt or so and the BlueSolar won't account for this and will potentially over charge. Is the charger inappropriate for use in cold weather months?

On another note there will be a handful of days where the panel will be covered by snow. My understanding is that the battery discharge with no load except the charger will be slow and as long as the panels are uncovered say half the days each month it should have no trouble maintaining the battery. Thoughts?

MPPT ControllersBlueSolar PWM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

dont really now what this is hybrid 12V battery. am presuming lithium phosphate.

I dont use the PWM range of regs nor do I recommend them.

However from what you describe above it should work just fine

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic