question

creeky avatar image
creeky asked

Leg 1 Split Phase no power : dual Quattro 3000

Trying to set up two Quattro 3000 as split phase 240v.

Ran the VE bus config. Set the VictronConnect settings. Everything went well and looks good on the screens. But no power on L1 from the voltmeter. L2 reads 120v.

Is this normal? The software says OK. But I should read 120v on both legs? And 240 between the two poles?

Update: I tried switching the order of the two legs. L2 is now L1 - reads 120v. The new L2 is 0v.

>>The battery and solar controller each go to two busbars. The bus bar then feeds with identical cables to the pos/neg of the two inverters. I have been careful to keep the dimensions and lengths of the cables the same.<<

Final note: swapped out the Quattro 3000 that wasn't producing power, regardless of L1 or L2. Tested the output of the new inverter after updating firmware. 120v observed. Configured through VE bus config. Immediately had 120-0-120. Or 240 split phase.

If you have this problem. Its probably a wonky inverter.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargersplit phase
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

please send a diagram of how you have set this up please

0 Likes 0 ·
creeky avatar image creeky Paul B commented ·

Thanks Paul. Turned out to be a wonky inverter. Highly recommend checking the inverter before installing. Luckily I had another 3000 in stock.

As added above. The battery goes to a switched battery box. Then the neg/pos legs go to bus bars. The bus bars then distribute to the two inverters. I was careful to use identical cables in length and type.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Creeky has now fixed the issue

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.