question

Robin avatar image
Robin asked

BMV-702 current screen display showing + and -

Should the bmv 702 display '+' symbol in the current screen when charging?

It also shows a '-' when there is a draw.

bmv
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

It should say - when discharging. It says + when charging.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Robin avatar image Robin commented ·

cheers for answer. any idea how to correct this. ive been throw settings and carnt fined any way to correct it?

@WKirby

WKirby

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

What I described above is the proper operation, there is nothing to correct. The - sign tells you that energy is coming out of the battery. The + sign tells you that energy is going in to the battery.

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

I've never seen the + symbol with my 702 while charging. And I have two of them :-o

They display - at discharge.

2 |3000

Robin avatar image
Robin answered ·

sorry my question is badly worded. when charging i do not have a positive sign.

is there a way to correct it

3 comments
2 |3000

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

yes, sounds like the cables on the shunt are reversed. a trick is to only reverse the circuit board, but then it sticks out a bit, so might not be the best way.

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ boekel ♦ commented ·

We have both misunderstood the question. I think the shunt and wiring is fine. They are asking why there is no + sign displayed when charging.

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

I now think I have quite misunderstood the question. Thank you Stefanie and Robin for clarifying.

I have two BMV's also and I know that my BMV-600 does NOT show a + when charging, only a - when discharging. My BMV-712 I'm not sure, I'll check when I get home.

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Right, so my original answer above is wrong to an extent. I have double checked with my own devices.
There is a - sign for discharge but there is no + sign for charge. I don't know why I thought there was a + sign, it's something I've never thought about before I guess, it never bothered me.
There is no option to have a + sign for charge either, as far as I can tell.

I'm sorry for misleading.

1 comment
2 |3000

It was in the old manual. But neither I was bothered as it seemed to be clear to me that no sign means + :

0 Likes 0 ·
Robin avatar image
Robin answered ·

thanks for checking. just wonted to make sure it was ok. the book does say there should be a positive sign when charging but then there are also other misleading stuff in there to. thanks again

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic