question

martinpk avatar image
martinpk asked

Venus GX will not show BMV702 info or remote console access.

Fitted new Venus GX and BMV702 connected via ve direct and using a USB modem to network. I cannot get the remote console to connect on the Venus or any info from the BMV.? Any help would be great. Thanks.

Venus GX - VGXbmv
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
rallyhagge avatar image
rallyhagge answered ·

The Venus GX have onboard WiFi to connect to a mobile Wifi hotspot or a WiFi router, so there's no need to connect an USB Wifi adapter if that's what you meant.

To configure the Venus GX and connect it to a WiFi network:
1. Connect your mobile phone to the WiFi that Venus GX is presenting. You'll find the network name (SSID) and password (encryption key) on a sticker on the side of the Venus GX.
2. Open a Web Browser on your mobile phone and go to 172.24.24.1 where you can configure the Venus GX to connect to the local WiFi router or hotspot.

Further instructions here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-gx:start

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

martinpk avatar image martinpk commented ·

Thanks for your help guys. It was networking. All sorted now.

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

I don't think your problem is related to the Venus GX specifically. It seems to me that you have some sort of general networking issue. It be very difficult to offer any useful advice without any knowledge of how your network is set up.

2 |3000

rallyhagge avatar image
rallyhagge answered ·

Sounds like you've connected an USB LTE modem for direct internet access without a router. There's no support for USB LTE modems on the Venus GX.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic