question

beefburg avatar image
beefburg asked

Some variations to the Victron Van Install

Hi, I have roughly the same requirements as your van install except I don't require 115V. So in summary, it's a 12V system, I have solar which is 2 x 250W into a single Victron MPPT 100/50, a Victron B2B for charging from the alternator, and an electric hook-up. Ideally, I would like to continue to use the MPPT and the B2B, and solar panels. I currently have an inverter but I would like to change to the Victron Inverter/Charger 2000W as per van install. What I would like to know is, 1) is my MPPT compatible with your schematic? 2) Can I use my 18A B2B to charge from the alternator in place of the Buck Boost (including, is it OK to only charge the Lithium batteries at 18A max),?3) Will there be any connectivity issues (e.g. enough ports in the monitor)? 4) Is the grey block in the diagram on the top right the back side of the colour monitor and is the circular grey block in the bottom left by the battery the BMV 712? 5) Can you provide any help with the wiring of the B2B? 6) Do I need to use the GSM module or can I rely on the touch screen and my phone APP. The reason I ask this is because I will be mostly living in Europe and I am not sure whether I want to have another contract for data for the connectivity to the internet.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

installationIsolation Tranformer
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic