question

timh avatar image
timh asked

KVA hours or kWh

Hi, I have an Victron installation with a CCGX which at present is connected to a shoreline all the time. When I check the production report at the end of the month there is a big difference between the shore meter ( which I know to be correct) and the production report downloaded from the VRM portal. (shore meter 183 kWh, VRM report 210 kWh) Could the VRM report actually be KVA h and not kWh ?

kwh
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kamflyer avatar image kamflyer commented ·

I am seeing this as well in the USA. Confirmed with 2 different shore meters. VRM kWh seems to be about 10-12% higher than the shore meters.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ kamflyer commented ·
Please take a look at the reply from @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

I

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

As far as I know its KWhs

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

How do you know the shore meter to be correct? And accounting for power factor and reporting kWh and not kVAh?

It is quite common for energy meters to not account for power factor here in Australia.

Given the shorepower number is lower, that would seem more likely?

The Multiplus current sensor is not accurate to metering grade, not even close. You can use an energy meter connected to a Venus-device for precise energy measurement if this is very important.

https://www.victronenergy.com/accessories/energy-meter

1 comment
2 |3000

timh avatar image timh commented ·

Thanks for your reply Guy,

Im pretty certain tht the shore meter is correct as I have a consumer meter fitted on hte boat on the shoreline and they both agree. I guess the best thing to do is when I have some data I can work out an approximate correction factor,

Brgs Tim

0 Likes 0 ·
timh avatar image
timh answered ·

Thanks for your reply Guy,

Im pretty certain tht the shore meter is correct as I have a consumer meter fitted on hte boat on the shoreline and they both agree. I guess the best thing to do is when I have some data I can work out an approximate correction factor,

Brgs Tim

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic