question

patsolar avatar image
patsolar asked

BMV-702 voltage reading

I have a Victron-702 used in a solar system, 640W solar panels, 60A MPPT controller, 2 x 200AH batteries, wired for 200AH @ 24v. My problem is that the Victron consistently under reads voltage cf controller. eg controller 28.4v cf Victron 27.6v, this creates the problem that the batteries never reach 100% capacity according to Victron. I have checked the true voltage with a multimeter and controller always shows correct voltage. Does this indicate that the Victron has a fault?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

More than likely its a bad connection issue there was a fault in one version of the BMV units were there fuse was causing a voltage drop reading, Replace the fuse with a 1 amp fuse, or to test just remove the fuse and join the wires together to see if this fixes the issue then if it does replace the fuse,

or check the voltage at the Shunt were the small red wire plugs in it should read the same as at the battery

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

patsolar avatar image
patsolar answered ·

Thanks I will give that a try and see if it fixes it. Pat

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic