question

mihaimicu avatar image
mihaimicu asked

Is it possible to install only 1 victron multiplus with batteries for backup and storring energy in a three phase system that has a fronius symo 8.2 installed. ? I want to backup only 1 phase and charge the batteries from the excess solar power

Fronius
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Vangelis Beligiannis avatar image
Vangelis Beligiannis answered ·

Hi!

I think it is possible. But only if you connect the fronius in the Multiplus Ac input. Connecting on the output Will be a problem because the Multiplus Will try to moderate the frequency on the ac output but only on the one phase of the symo. I think this is not acceptable.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mihaimicu avatar image mihaimicu commented ·

The fronius will be on the AC in.

i want to add that there is a fronius smart meter installed and the fronius is setup not to feed excess energy in the grid.

0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

If Fronius is on the Multi's input you can have this Multi only on one phase.

When grid fails only this one phase will have power.

Fronius without grid will just turn off.

2 comments
2 |3000

mihaimicu avatar image mihaimicu commented ·

Hopefully the multi controlling the fronius via modbus wont throttle down the fronius. Meaning if there is consumption on the order two phases will fronius increase power output to deliver to them as well?

0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image marekp mihaimicu commented ·

Multi should not throttle Fronius back when is connected on AC-in.

Throttling back happens when Fronius is on AC-out, grid is missing, battery is full and load is smaller than Fronius production.

With Fronius on AC-in this will never happen, because when grid is missing (even if only on 1 phase) Fronius is off on all 3 phases.

0 Likes 0 ·