question

topsan avatar image
topsan asked

Smart Battery Protect BP-65, internal LED.

Hello world :-)

I want to use a Smart BatteryProtect BP65 just to protect the 120Ah LiFePo in my caravan while my caravan is in its winterplace from Fiday until maybe end of march,

(During winter season, only thing connected to the the battery is the GPS tracker.)

I had no problems with connecting or function of the BÜ65 yet but i miss something in the manual: there is an internal blue LED left below the 7-Segment display that has a differnet behavior to the LED IN the 7-Segement display that is described in the manual.

Atm on my desk, connected to battery without load, the LED in the 7-Segment Diplay blinks once every 5 secs (what shows Output status = on). The LED below blinks once a second.

Does anyone have the missing description for what this LED shows?

Best regards from Germany...

Frank

Battery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
philippe avatar image
philippe answered ·

@TopSan I found this in the documentation. Is the 1 sec precise ?

The decimal point of the 7-segment display is used for status indication:

• On solid: the BP attempts to activate the output

• Flash every 5s: output is active

• Flashing every 2s in Li-ion mode: output ‘connecting’

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

topsan avatar image
topsan answered ·

Hi Philippe!

Thanks for your reply, but thats about the other LED (the one in the 7 Segment Display)

Have found this LED in the manual.

What i miss in the manual is a description for the other blue LED, the bigger one below the 7-Segment Display. That LED ist not in the Manual...

Frank

1 comment
2 |3000

philippe avatar image philippe commented ·

@TopSan Hi Frank What I have from today's check. If the blue led is on then there is a communication with the BT otherwise it is blinking (and not influenced by the load on or off). Unfortunately I did not check it with disabling the BT as I was not sure to be able to put back as I have then no longer a connection with my BP. Will be the next time when I know more to re-enable the BT.

0 Likes 0 ·
philippe avatar image
philippe answered ·

@TopSan OK I see what you mean. I think it is just the led if the BT is active. I will check in a couple of days when I go back to my RV.

2 |3000

topsan avatar image
topsan answered ·

Hi Philippe!

Ah, so this LED mayb be the "Bluetooth Status LED", that would make sense, yes

Many thanks for that info, i appreciate your help very much!

Frank

2 |3000