question

damjeff avatar image
damjeff asked

Old Multiplus low temperature cutoff

I have an old Multiplus 24/3000/70 (still has VE-Bus, it's the 19xxxx model), a BMV 712 and a 30a smartsolar MPPT. I've purchased a large "drop-in" LiFePO4 battery with no LT cutoff and no external comms. Can anyone assist with low temperature cut off?

- I know how to do this with the MPPT - (either by using a temperature sensor to BMV712 or using a Smart Sense and linking with Bluetooth.

- The question is, how do I cut off the Multiplus (someone accidentally turns generator on to charge for instance and it's below 5 degrees in battery compartment. Do I use the same sensor and use an assistant and 2 wires (not sure how this works) from the BMV 712? Should I use a smart sense bluetooth connection for MPPT and a separate wired temperature sensor?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Temperature Sensor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ecowhale avatar image
ecowhale answered ·

If the BMV-712, etc. don't auto cut off due to low temp and you want a manual cut off, then you will need a disconnect switch (a batter disconnect switch will work for an inverter too) or a high amp (200A?) fuse with reset push button.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

damjeff avatar image damjeff commented ·

I don't understand, how does this fit into the auto temp disconnect I'm talking about?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Victron temperature sensor disambiguation table - which product supports which sensor