question

Alistair Warburton avatar image
Alistair Warburton asked

Private Assistants?

Can anyone tell me what Private Assistants are? or perhaps more usefully, and likeky far quicker, whear I can find that info to look at myself?

I am off grid and entirly relyent on my kit, CCGX included, so I wouldnt want to go messing with its OS, even if I had the prerequisit experiance.

However if private assistents are small apps, or beter still scripts, of some sort, I would definatly be interested in having a dabble with some of the stuffI currently do manually.

I have had a look about but didnt find anything so I suspect I am looking for the wrong thing / terminology.

Cheers,

Al

CCGX Color ControlAssistants
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, its special version that are released by us for some very specific reason, such as a temporary work around or field test. In all the years I can only think of 4 or 5 ever made.

Nothing helpful to you I think.

Perhaps here is something that might help you:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:extended

(in development)

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alistair Warburton avatar image Alistair Warburton commented ·

Thanks, that explains my inability to find any info, I will stop looking.

I will have a look at the link now... But I dont want to dig too deep to solve what is a relativly trivual issue.
I know it is all essentally open source but there are time to fiddle and times to leave well alone...

The issues I am looking at are either minor or the fault of the generator so I aim to stay as close to stock as possible.

I am always up for learning though so if nothing else it will likely be an interesting read.

Cheers,
Al

0 Likes 0 ·
Alistair Warburton avatar image Alistair Warburton Alistair Warburton commented ·

That looks interesting but I have a CCGX on an easy solar installaion so it isnt going to help...

Thanks anyway.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ingo avatar image Ingo commented ·

@mvader (Victron Energy) I don't know how old this thread is, there is no year listed anywhere but,

I am very interested in this Private Assistant feature. Would it be possible to discuss this offline? Even if there are development costs involved?

Regards,

Ingo

0 Likes 0 ·