question

dannyboy avatar image
dannyboy asked

Quattro/CCGX incorrect AC load and PV output values

Hi, 1st post here.

System is Quattro 48v/10000 with CCGX, 2 x BYD batt box pro 13.8, SMA windy boy & Sunny boy, 6kw turbine, 2kw PV

I've had this system (Quattro & Batteries) for about a year now but occasionally (normally during high output/windy days) the values shown on the CCGX or VRM portal are wildly incorrect. The AC loads and PV Output (which is actually turbine + PV in my case) fluctuate and are nowhere near their real values.

What could be causing this?

I am not the installer so my knowledge isn't huge.

VRMCCGX Color Control
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dannyboy avatar image dannyboy commented ·

I should add that when my batteries get to 100% I have various loads that come on automatically to try and match the turbine output until they drop below 96% when the loads switch off. I don't know if this constant hovering between 96-100% could be an issue??

Also I noticed that my PV yield (turbine in my case) fell off a cliff at 20:00 last night but I have another CT clamp and energy monitor set up that show this was incorrect, and it didn't in fact drop below 3kw.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Dannyboy,

In most cases this issue of inaccurate AC inverter supply readings is resolved by bringing all the Victron equipment (specifically the Quattros and CCGX) up to date with the latest firmware.

Now it might be something more than that in your case, given the complexity of the configuration, but latest firmware is absolutely the place to start.

Updating Quattro firmware comes with risks, and should only be performed by someone with training. So best to get back in touch with your installer.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dannyboy avatar image dannyboy commented ·

Thanks Guy

The installer was here about 2 weeks ago, and I'm 99% sure he updated the firmware. He also tried installing another CT clamp to separate my turbine and PV outputs on the Ccgx display. It didn't work but he's getting back to me on that.

Other than that it was OK most of the time, occasional mis readings but last night it went totally amiss and now is not showing correctly.

Also when the input is showing zero, even though I know it isn't (from the Windy boy display and my own CT clamp), the lights on the inverter show its not charging the batteries ie The inverting light is on and not the Bulk light.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic