question

peterbc avatar image
peterbc asked

Low temperature cutoff for Smart MPPT and Quattro ?

I have a Quattro and Smart MPPT. Both would be normally connected over winter. I'm planning to have LiFePO4 batteries and want low temp charging cutoff for less than 5DegC. I also have a BMV-700 and am planning to integrate with a CCGX.
Can 1 temperature sensor tell both the Quattro and MPPT to stop charging below my cutoff ?
Which temp sensor and how/where should it be connected ? Or am I best getting 2 sensors one for the Quattro direct and one for the Smart MPPT.

Temperature Sensor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
peterbc avatar image
peterbc answered ·

To answer my own question. I'm now deploying my LiFePO4 batteries. I'm using an Electrodacus SBMS0 with temp probe. The SBMS0 is in charge of all charging/discharging. It stops charging on any high volt condition and on low (or high) temp limits.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Victron temperature sensor disambiguation table - which product supports which sensor