question

timbo avatar image
timbo asked

Color Control GX - white screen of death after lightning storm

I have Color Control GX connected to Multi by a long CAT6 cable (about 130 m). Cable is in the ground at about 40 cm depth in network conduit. It used to work fine.

Yesterday we had a huge thunderstorm - fantastic fireworks show. And Color Control stopped working. Now it shows only a white screen. There is still some life inside as screen goes off after some time. However, there is no response on any buttons, no internet connection. Just white screen.

I guess lighting might strike somewhere close by and induced high power in the cable that killed something in the device. This hypothesis does not sound realistic but I got a PoE switch connected to an ethernet cable laying next to the above-mentioned cable died at the same time.

Question: is it possible to do anything to restore Color Control GX? Thank you.

CCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@timbo

In my experience no there is nothing you can do to restore the device. It would need to be replaced.

Had this happen to a gx connected to internet as well through modem and phone lines. Now we try as much as possible to use wireless.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.