question

freelanderuk avatar image
freelanderuk asked

Smart shunt wiring

I have the Victron battery smart sense wired on my battery and would like to add the smart shunt ,how is this wired as nothing showed in the wiring diagrams, I have a 100/20 mttp regulator connected to a 250w solar panel with 2 x 105ah batteries, thanks

SmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
asea avatar image
asea answered ·

Wire the smart shunt between the battery and loads/ charging so that the shunt has all the load and charging current going through the shunt. This will allow the shunt see all the load or charging and properly calculate battery SOC

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

freelanderuk answered ·

Thanks , I understand how to wire the smart shunt ,but was wondering how is the Battery Smart Sense wired to the the shunt , do I wire the negative of the Smart Sense to the shunt or battery ,thanks

2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@FreelanderUK, the SmartShunt can only measure current that passes through it, so while the consumption of the Smart Battery Sense is minuscule (0.3mA - 1.6mA at 12v), if you want the SmartShunt to account for that consumption you'll need to move the SBS negative from the battery terminal to the "Loads Minus" side of the SmartShunt.

2 |3000

freelanderuk answered ·

Thanks for the reply’s guys most appreciated

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic