question

kylepaulin avatar image
kylepaulin asked

Phoenix multiplis 12/3000/120 firmware update

I have a victron multi 12/3000/120 with a ve.bus. I recently bought the Bluetooth dongle and can now access victron connect. When I open the app I’m told to I need to update the firmware from v115 to 453. From in the app settings I’m told the firmware is up to date, so can’t do a further update? How do I update the firmware and therefore access the full functionality of VictronConnect?

many thanks!

multiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

To update the firmware you need a MK3 Interface.
https://www.victronenergy.com/accessories/interface-mk3-usb

But if you really have an old Phoenix MultiPlus, it is possible that there is no 4XX firmware for your device.

To check this take off the front plate, at the main PCB is the CPU in the upper left.
On the CPU is a sticker with a 7 digit number XXXXYYY.HEX.
XXXX is the hardware ID and YYY the default firmware.
If the hardware ID starts with 19 or lower, your Multi is to old for the 4XX firmware.
https://community.victronenergy.com/answers/13509/view.html

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kylepaulin avatar image kylepaulin commented ·

Thanks for your detailed reply. I have checked the sticker in the CPU and the hardware ID does start with 19.

I’m trying to access setting to be able to limit the amps the charger puts out so I can use my small generator. I’d also like to be able to change charging profile to lithium in the near future. How do I go about doing this?

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Yes its possible You would need a VE-Bus - MK3 to USB unit to do this then you connect by using a program called VEconfig and adjust the settings as required inc lithium

The latest firmware for that 19 series is 159 there is a VEflash program as well that you can also upgrade the firmware to version 19XXX159

2 comments
2 |3000

kylepaulin avatar image kylepaulin commented ·

Can I get VEconfig on my Mac?

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B kylepaulin commented ·

no its only for PC as far as I know

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic