question

dbond-007 avatar image
dbond-007 asked

Trying to add Cerbo GX to VRM - (fixed)

so im trying to get my vrm on my cerbo gx to work and when i add it it just comes up with sending an email and will i dont get anythink

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

For other readers:

the issue was the Cerbo not being updated to VenusOS 2.60

In v2.60 there is a fix for double VRM id's, and thus after updating to v2.60 the VRM id shown in the menu is the one to use (usually the wifi-MAC address).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Your Cerbo GX has already been added to VRM and assigned to another user.

Please contact the place you purchased it from and they should be able to help you (as it is most likely they who registered it first).

4 comments
2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

@dbond_007, @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

I suspect it was one of the serials that was duplicated on multiple Cerbo as this device was definitely BNIB. Firmware update should have fixed it?

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ ejrossouw commented ·

Perhaps, but should still work.

What is the VRM ID - use the 'Viewable by...' feature to make it a private reply

0 Likes 0 ·

@ejrossouw, @dbond_007

Can you please send a photo or screenshot of this VRM menu on the GX?

cleanshot-2020-11-02-at-202324.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

@ejrossouw, @dbond_007,

VRM team asked me to confirm that the Cerbo is running the current latest firmware version 2.60?

0 Likes 0 ·