question

Jonathan Phillips avatar image
Jonathan Phillips asked

MultiPlus-II -24 3000 not charging

Hi Everyone. When the Multipluss II is conncted to the mains, the 'Mains On' light flashes green. According to the manual, this mean that the AC input is switched through. The AC output current is equal to the preset maximum input current. The charge current is reduced to zero. Can you please explain in laymans' terms why this is happening and how I can fix the problem?

Regards

Jon

AC PV Coupling
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Some more details about your system would be good to help you.

Currently you draw more power from the grid than the "AC input current limit" is set to.
This input limit can be changed using a Digital Multi Control, a VE.Bus Smart dongle, a GX device or VictronConnect/VE.config (with a MK3-Interface or with a GX device over the VRM Portal)

But be careful! Don't set the current higher than the input source and wires can handle!

If no one changed the AC input current limit the limit should be at the maximum of 32A.
In that case you only can lower your connected AC loads.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jonathan Phillips avatar image Jonathan Phillips commented ·

Thank you for an easy to understand answer to my question, much appreciated.. I will log in to the inverter using a Mk3 interface and have a look at the AC input current limit.

Regards

Jon

0 Likes 0 ·
Jonathan Phillips avatar image Jonathan Phillips Jonathan Phillips commented ·
I have the Multiplus -11 24 3000.
I have connected it to the 24 v battery and it works fine, running some appliances in my shed.
Then, I have disconnected the ac output, so there is no power being drawn from the inverter.
I have connected the ac mains input and I get the green 'mains on' flashing light and a clicking sound.
Are you able to offer me some advice please?
0 Likes 0 ·