question

sifi avatar image
sifi asked

Victron easysolar II, REC BMS error #67 and charging stop

My problem is random error #67 and stop in charging. All software versions in both REC and Victroneasysolar II are latest. Seems to be a canbus problem between REC bms and the MPPT ( set at 500). Can it be a ground potential problem ? Should the battery 0v be earthed ? It is at the time only connected tot the easysolars main terminals.

5c0ac93c-e319-4c96-9b03-d554ce7887de.jpeg

e2b44091-2f4e-4d89-8bf3-279811373ba8.jpeg

errormppt charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The Can.bus of the EasySolar-II is only for BMS-Can with 500kbit/s.

The MPPT needs VE.Can with 250kbit/s. This VE.Can connection is not supported by the EasySolar and you will get drop outs.

Connect the MPPT with VE.Direct, or VE.Direct to USB adapters instead.

https://docs.victronenergy.com/easysolar-ii-gx.html#bms-can-connections

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sifi avatar image sifi commented ·

@Matthias Lange thank your for your reply. I wrongly described the bus between easysolar II and the MPPT it is of course as orginal a Ve.can with 250kbit/s. My problem is the #67 error and 1-2 sec fallout. My setup consist of a easysolar II and a REC BMS with lithium cells. 1.) How should this setup be earthed ? thinking first of the battery and the REC BMS controller ? and secondly of the solar cell's towards the MPPT in the easysolar II ? Appreciate your feedback

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic