question

marv21 avatar image
marv21 asked

Am i fine with Multiplus 2 or do i need a Quattro ( Generator / 1Phase)

Hello all together.

Iam about to buy an ESS System for my 3Phase Home in Germany.

I wanted to go with 3x Multiplus 2 5000.

The Batterys should only charge with PV Power not from Grid (Except the Soc is to low).

I know this is all no Problem.

Questions:

1. If one or two Phase fail, i want that the MP2 indeed charge the Battery to a set, higher, SOC, so that the MP2 on the failed Phase can go and produce the missing Phase out of the Battery.

2. I have an Inverter Generator with 18A one phase. In Case of a Powerfailure (All 3 Phases dead), i want to manually switch the GRID off and the Generator on my Master MP2. Can i somehow switch to "Gernator Mode" (UPS Mode off, Ampere Limit to 15A, loading Batterys from ACIN), without needing to reprogramm?

Like a switch that if pressed the MP2 will switch to "Generatormode".

Or do i need a Quattro for this? I dont need to do the switch automatically, but it should doable for my Wife (Turning two switches and start the Generator is no Problem, but programming the MP2 on the other Hand is...)

3. I didnt find a answer to this maybe clear question... Do i need to Fuse the MP2 to their maximal Transfer Capacity? Or can i use my already in Place 63A Fuses? (are they fused internaly?) 50A Fuses are more expensive...

Multiplus-IIMultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerGenerator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
jwfrary avatar image
jwfrary answered ·

If your running a system that would automatically fall back to generator mode, or switch to it when power wasn't available then a quattro is what you want.

The cost disparity isn't much, compared to the ease of use. In order to make it work with a multi of multi two you have to play with assistants for current input control and its all a bit of a pain. Quattro's are set up out of the box for it. - The changes you can make can be viewed in Ve.configure using it with a fake target file.

I'm not 100% on how they behave if one phase goes down, I would be interested to find out.

MP's should be fused for their maximum transfer capacity.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

marv21 avatar image marv21 commented ·

Thank you for your Answer.

The "Problems" i have with the Quattros are:

- I feel like buying old Tech - the MP2 are not one year on the market, the Quattors very long...

- The Quattros have no NA-Safety ( VDE 4105 ), what i really need. So i would need to mess with something external.

0 Likes 0 ·