question

er-minio avatar image
er-minio asked

Victron Energy Deep Cycle AGM 60Ah - First Charge

I bought a Victron Energy AGM Deep Cycle battery, 60Ah, for a small solar set-up.

I received the battery boxed, but there is not manual/leaflet with it.
I wanted to understand what to do about the first charge, and if it is needed?

In the solar system the solar controller is a Victron MPPT 75|10.

I can charge (if needed) the battery at home before installing it in my solar setup. But I only have an automotive charger I can use (CTEK 5.0).

How do I proceed?

Thanks in advance.

battery chargingAGM Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
jwfrary avatar image
jwfrary answered ·

CTEK's are reasonable automatic chargers, Use the sealed/agm setting on the charger.

I would give it a charge and then install it in your set up like you would any new battery.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

er-minio avatar image
er-minio answered ·

> Use the sealed/agm setting on the charger

Using that.

> I would give it a charge and then install

Yes, thanks!
I checked the voltage and the battery was at around 80% charge (guess it has been sitting for a while before the sale), so topping it up right now.

2 comments
2 |3000

jwfrary avatar image jwfrary commented ·

Pretty standard for any battery.

Have a good one

0 Likes 0 ·
er-minio avatar image er-minio jwfrary commented ·

Thank you.

One last question.
I cannot seem to find the charge settings for the AGM battery.
I use a Victron Energy MPPT 75|10 charge controller.

Its default settings are for Victron GEL batteries, but I guess the float voltage might differ?
There is no preset for Victron's own AGM batteries (odd) but I can set the voltages myself, if I have the data. I don't see all those indicated on the battery case.

0 Likes 0 ·
img-6906.jpg (50.9 KiB)
img-6907.jpg (58.3 KiB)

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic