question

William Kennaway avatar image
William Kennaway asked

Expert mode in Victron Connect App?

Is there any advantage in changing the charge voltages in expert mode ie Absorption, Float, Equalization etc??? Its a 12v system in a RV. I have 7 x Bosch Deep Cycle Plus AGM Batteries (120amp/hour each) Model number BAC12-120 RFR 3 x MPPT 100/50 solar controllers. Venus GX & MultiPlus inverter charger. If there is enough gains to be made by changing these settings, where could I find the info. I've had a quick look on Bosch site but nothing is to helpful. Any help/pointers would be appreciated. Yours Willie K
MPPT Controllersbattery chargingAGM Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Edgar Graadt van Roggen avatar image
Edgar Graadt van Roggen answered ยท

Hi William,

I would recommend going through the trouble of checking the right absorption and float voltages for your batteries (AGM batteries do not need equalization). I guess not all AGM batteries have the same exact requirements, and your batteries are expensive investments that are worthwhile treating them as they should. I am not an expert on batteries, but I checked with the distributor of my AGM batteries and their response was that the absorption voltage should be set at 14,1 Volt, and the float voltage should be set at 13,5 Volt. The Victron presets for AGM batteries are 14,4 Volt for absorption and 13,8 Volt for floatation, i.e. in both cases 0,3 Volt higher than the voltages specified specifically for my AGM batteries. My system is a 48 Volt system, i.e. 4 batteries in series, and thus the difference in voltage set points amounts to 1,2 Volt, which somehow then seems more significant than just 0,3 Volt for a single battery.

I am not sure whether the higher Victron presets would have negatively affected the lifespan of my batteries, but I feel more at ease that I have set the appropriate charge parameters for my batteries in my system. And it was no trouble at all getting the info from the distributor.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

William Kennaway avatar image William Kennaway commented ยท
Thank you for you help & input. I will contact Bosch for there recommended voltages & set this up in the App. Again thank you for your help in this matter.
0 Likes 0 ยท

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual