question

bisland9 avatar image
bisland9 asked

Smart solar 150/60 read out

Hi,

1. I have a Victron smart solar 150/60 running off of 3-330 watt Canadian solar panels. Also, I have a Midnite Kid running off of 2-250 watt Trina solar panels. These both monitor 8- bright way evl16 - 6v 400ah agm batteries and powers an outback fx 2524. My cabin is near Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. The victron and the Canadian Solar panels are new this spring. I love the blue tooth capabilities and easy information access. I shut down the system 5 days ago, so absolutely no load, and returned yesterday and noticed these voltages. Does this not seem to be a wide variance in minimum and maximum battery voltage considering zero load ? Thank you in advance for any knowledgeable answers
MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @bisland9,

if max. Battery voltage was achieved during charging, then this is normal and nothing to worry about. Keep in mind that the MPPT is not a battery monitor and these values, min and max battery voltage are not much meaningfulness, especially when you don't know at what point these numbers where taken. The min value is taken when the new charging day starts, so basically the resting voltage in your case when there was no load. The max value is taken during the days charge cycle and could become even higher the longer the charge cycle persists. A battery monitor will help a lot more to make accurate statements about battery health.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.