question

joerver avatar image
joerver asked

Smart Battery Sensor breaks MPPT bluetooth connection to app

I have a RV with a BMV-712 and a SmartSolar MPPT 75/15 all connected via bluetoot to the Victrop app working great until I added the Smart Battery sensor. When I added the bluetooth sensor and apired it the att will not conntect to the MPPT any more. It appears in the app but grayued out. It seem to be a conflict with the bluetooth on both devices (MAC ID issue maybe). When I remove the power from the battery sensor the MPPT appears to work fine.

Any ideas on how to fix?

Temperature Sensor
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi,

Do you also have VE.Smart networking enabled? And if so, does it make a difference when you remove the MPPT and the Smart Battery Sense from the network?

Regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@joerver, the BMV-712 and the Smart BatterySense are both "sending" units; you cannot have 2 sending units on the same VE.Smart Network.

Please note Section 5 "Limitations" in the VE.Smart Networking documentation.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Victron temperature sensor disambiguation table - which product supports which sensor