question

roamer105 avatar image
roamer105 asked

Honda 2200 with Multi Plus 12/3000/120 driving a 10000 BTU AC

I configured the current limit to 13A and run the AC which consumes about 7A while running the compressor. Assist and dynamic current limiting are enabled. When the compressor kicks in, the assist is unable (or too slow) to compensate for the startup current to avoid the generator from disconnecting. Boost factor is 2 and the breaker is set to 30A.

is there a better way to configure this?

powerassist
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Roamer105

what AC voltage have you set as disconnect voltage?

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/multiplus_faq

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

roamer105 avatar image
roamer105 answered ·

The AC power parameters are set to default values. UPS mode is enabled.

2 |3000

cleaver avatar image
cleaver answered ·

I had to buy a microair easystart, now my a/c runs on 1000-1200w. And it spikes around 1700 to start. its a 13000btu unit. But what overloads? is it the generator or the multi?

1 comment
2 |3000

roamer105 avatar image roamer105 commented ·

The generator cuts out for a few seconds, then turns back on and the multi accepts the AC after a few seconds and starts loading the generator slowley which is perfect. I just wish the multi would be able to prevent the powerspike of the compressor startup to overload the generator. But in either case the compressor will start on the multi.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic