question

tony-c avatar image
tony-c asked

Does the CCGX remember the timed run for a generator if it is restarted?

In the VRM online portal menu in the CCGX there is a setting titled "Reboot device when no contact". I currently have it switched off.

When I remotely start my generator I always make it a "Timed Run" fearing that if i just start it and then the internet falls over the generator could run for days, until the fuel runs out.

So if I start a timed run and the device reboots due to lost contact will the CCGX still remember the timer setting and turn of the generator?

Thanks in advance

VRMCCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

I don't have a generator but tried this on my CCGX:

Start the generator manually, and the CCGX relay will close as expected.

Reboot the CCGX. When the CCGX begins it's reboot, the CCGS relay opens and the generator would then stop.

When the CCGX reboot is complete, the generator shows stopped and the CCGX relay remains open.

This is true whether I start the generator with Stop Manually or Run for ...

This is true even with the "On loss of communication" option set to "Keep generator running".

If a condition such as low SOC exists, the generator WILL restart when the reboot is complete and the CCGX sees values again from the devices.

So you should be able to reboot the CCGX remotely without worries about the generator continuing to run.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tony-c avatar image
tony-c answered ·

Thanks for taking the time to test my question. My boat is in England and I remote start/stop from Australia. the thought of the generator running until 1470 liters of fuel consumed doesn't bear thinking

2 |3000

tony-c avatar image
tony-c answered ·

can you tell me just how you made the CCGX "Reboot" while the generator was running/........ta

1 comment
2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem commented ·

I just went to Settings / General / Reboot on the CCGX itself, or via a local web page or VRM's remote console.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic