question

johnathan-briggs avatar image
johnathan-briggs asked

2006 Phoenix Multiplus 12/1200 LifePo4

I have a 2006 Phoenix Multiplus 12/1200. I want to connect this to Lifepo4 batteries and therefore add the correct charge profile.
1. If I buy the MK3 USB cable will this work with my charger/inverter? -i wanted to check before I buy it.
2. Is there a datasheet/ guide for the charge profiles forLifePo4?

Thank you.

Johnathan

multiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

The MK3 is for VE.Bus devices only. VE.Configure will tell you this when searching for devices with MK3 connected. It will not connect with VE.9bit devices.

You'll need an older MK2 interface, your '06 device is more likely to be VE.9bit.
My old '08 Phoenix MultiPlus is VE.9bit and olny connects with the MK2.

Which LiFePO4 batteries do you intend to use? It'd be best to consult the datasheet for those specific batteries for the charge profile.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

johnathan-briggs avatar image
johnathan-briggs answered ·

Thank you.

I build my own 400Ah LiFePO4 batteries from 8 cells and 2 BMSs. These are to swap in for lead acids on my boat.

When I opened the cover of my Multiplus I did not notice and obvious point to connect the cable. Do you know where / how it connects? I could not see and obvious socket other than the one use by the remote.

Thanks

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

There should be a RJ45 socket in the lower left.
The old devices have only one, so you have to disconnect the remote while programming.

In this thread is a picture that shows the socket in the lower left corner.
https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/65187/firmware-phoenix-multiplus-compact-24160040.html

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic