question

g8n avatar image
g8n asked

Multiplus 3-way remote switch won’t work

I Connect a Victron Energy VE.Bus Smart Dongle and a simple 3-way switch remote switch to my Multiplus C 12/1600/70. But I can't control the Multiplus with the remote 3-way switch. The Multiplus switch off and directly back on. The DIP switches set like the manual says. All others works well.

multiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

In Section 4.4.4 of the MultiPlus manual it does say that only one remote control can be connected, i.e. either a switch or a Multi Control Panel. I understand that the VE.Bus Smart Dongle behaves like the Multi Control Panel, and therefore if Smart Dongle says the inverter should be on, and you switch it off with the remote switch the Smart Dongle will try and switch it back on again.

I have had success of using the Cerbo and a VE.Bus Smart Dongle to control the Multiplus, and if one is used to switch it on and the other top witch it off, the Cerbo and Smart Dongle do track each other.

1603098420503.png (77.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic