question

bathnm avatar image
bathnm asked

VE.Smart Networking Unidentified Network

I was installing one of my Smart Solar MPPT VE.Can devices today, and browsing the menus to see what was around. Having never used or looked at VE,Smart I opened the menu and selected join existing and found an unknown network, "Olaso UNO".

The only thing in my Yacht that has this name is the Cerbo GX and VRM Portal. Any ideas what this is?

smart solar set-up helpVE.Smart Network
1602956303823.png (497.7 KiB)
img-1335.png (225.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hello,

There are only two ways a network can be added to the networks list:

1. Pressing the "Create network" button that is on the VE.Smart Networking page and proceed with the network creation. This applies even when created using the demo products.
  2. Connecting to a product already configured for VE.Smart Networking. The network parameters are automatically fetched from the product by VictronConnect and added to its networks list.

If you have not created that network, at some point you must have connected to a product configured with it.

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bathnm avatar image bathnm commented ·

I have only ever (to my memory) created two networks. That is the 12v House Bank on a BMV712 abs the Lithium Bank on a second BMV712.

When I am on the boat at the weekend I shall log into all devices via VictronConnect and see if I can track down the third network.

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ bathnm commented ·

It will be your Cerbo looking for company. The Bluetooth can be useful for setting up networking.

Bluetooth is down the "settings" path.

0 Likes 0 ·
bathnm avatar image bathnm klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

But will the Cerbo create a VE.Smart network? There is no documentation to say that the VenusOS has this functionality.

The Bluetooth is for connecting via VictronConnect to manage basic network connectivity, according to the manuals, although works from my iPhone, but not MAC or iPad!

0 Likes 0 ·
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image jperez (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ bathnm commented ·

Venus doesn't support VE.Smart networking so it is not possible that the unknown network was retrieved from the Cerbo GX.

Perhaps it was a test network or created while playing with a demo product?

0 Likes 0 ·
bathnm avatar image bathnm jperez (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

@jperez (Victron Energy Staff), Thank you for the information. I loaded up a demo on my iPhone and went into the VE.Smart network and sure enough it was there. Must have been from some early investigation into the VictronConnect App. I have hence deleted it.

As some feedback. I have been back through the manual. I could not see anything that suggests the network is stored with VictronConnect. This key bit of information might be worth adding, as well as the ability to delete it from the app.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VE.Smart Networking Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic