question

ram5500-camperthing avatar image
ram5500-camperthing asked

Cerbo GX Plug Wiring? Also, Ambient Temp Sensors?

Hi All

Wiring up a new 4x4 RV Camper Thing I am building.

Got the Cerbo GX and will be monitoring my fresh water tank and am also trying to monitor interior and exterior ambient temps, and maybe a fridge temp.

I have the plugs that came with it, and have read the manual 6 ways to sunday and cant figure out for the life of me how to insert wires into those plugs, what size they should be, etc... Are there any instructions I am not seeing anywhere?

Also, any recommendation on sensors for a 16" deep water tank and ambient temp sensors? The ones listed in the manual don't appear to be available in the US. I am guessing folks have found simpler solutions?

Thanks

Kevin

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Ram5500 Camperthing

I've moved your question to the 'general' section.

On the plugs: if there is a ferrule on the wire (I think it has to be at least 10mm long to grab) you just push it in. if no ferrule: press the orange 'thingy' to open the clamp and insert wire.

About any resistive tank sensor can be used.

the temperature sensors are the same as used on the Multi's and Quattro's, they are available under this part number:

ASS000001000

Temperature sensor QUA/PMP/Venus GX

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ram5500-camperthing avatar image ram5500-camperthing commented ·

Thank you very much @Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff)

For temperature sensors, all I am find it the ones for the battery temps.

I would like to monitor inside ambient and outside ambient temps, not the batteries

Are there sensors that work for that?

thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ ram5500-camperthing commented ·

Hi @Ram5500 Camperthing

You can use the same sensors for other locations, you don't have to connect them to a battery :)

0 Likes 0 ·
ram5500-camperthing avatar image ram5500-camperthing Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Awesome! Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
wolfbarnsolar avatar image wolfbarnsolar Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Have a NEW ASS000001000 V2.87 Connected but Not Working on Cerbo GX is there a Problem ?

RE- temperature sensors are the same as used on the Multi's and Quattro's, they are available under this part number: ASS000001000

screen-shot-2022-07-22-at-60530-pm.pngscreen-shot-2022-07-22-at-61702-pm.pngscreen-shot-2022-07-22-at-60547-pm.png

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Sensor voltage should be around 3v at room temp. 0.16v = about -260c....

Check your polarities and wiring.

1 comment
2 |3000

wolfbarnsolar avatar image wolfbarnsolar commented ·

Hi thanks for responding

Polarities & wiring is good original cable & pin connectors

positiveTop negative Bottom on Cerbo

"Quote"Temperature senders are not included. The required sensor is ASS000001000 - Temperature Sensor QUA/PMP/Venus GX. (Note that this is different to the BMV temperature accessory.) They are not required to be connected to the battery (though they appear like a battery lug). To physically attach the temperature probes requires a ferrule or exposed copper end of at least 10 mm+ to be inserted into the removable terminal block connector. Once correctly attached, you must push in the orange tab if you wish to remove the secured wire. Sensors are connected with the red wire to the top of the connector, and the black wire to the bottom "endQuote" from cerbo Manual

screen-shot-2022-07-23-at-45629-pm.png After playing around found the offset settings of below gives a temp output only on remote display & after setting up guimods

screen-shot-2022-07-23-at-45756-pm.pngscreen-shot-2022-07-23-at-50025-pm.pngBeing the AIR temp above However it still shows NO info in status & its useless as it does not change with the atmospheric temp even though the .16v fluctuates up & down screen-shot-2022-07-23-at-50146-pm.png

0 Likes 0 ·
wolfbarnsolar avatar image
wolfbarnsolar answered ·

Sensor Fails to Alter with Ice so assuming a FAULTY sensor

1 comment
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
Yes, faulty or wired up backwards.
0 Likes 0 ·