question

harold avatar image
harold asked

How to restart ColorControlGX remotely when remote connection isn't working?

How to restart the Wifi connection or the complete GX, from remote, when Remote Connection is not working?
VRM still show actual data, so a connection excists!

remote consolewifi
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

petajoule avatar image petajoule commented ·

Ask the customer to press reset. If there is no one nearby, wait - maybe it will catch itself.

Next time you get access to the CCGX, enable

as a kind of watchdog. It has proven to be useful especially with WiFi connections.

0 Likes 0 ·
1602579964502.png (12.0 KiB)
harold avatar image harold petajoule commented ·

Thanks, but don't know if that setting will work, because there is still a contact, via the VRM.

0 Likes 0 ·
sfg avatar image sfg commented ·

I've been losing contact with a Venus GX - when the router is rebooted GX doesn't automatically reconnect, I have to pull the power lead to the GX and when it reboots connection is re-established. I have enabled

13829-1602579964502.png

now and hope this does the job, thanks for the tip.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
David Gould avatar image
David Gould answered ·

@Harold I have added a raspberry pi to ping the ccgx and if it doesn’t get a response after a preset time it disconnects the power for a very short time then reapplies, it emails me to say it has done it, only happens very rarely.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic