question

basti avatar image
basti asked

CerboGX, Android-Device (no Data/Internet), VictronConnect

Hello.

I have an off-grid-setup (no Internet), where I want to use an Android device to connect to my CerboGX and monitor my Setup.

When I bought the Cerbo, I was under the impression, that I can access the Cerbo by Bluetooth to basically see everything on the Android device, what otherwise only could be seen by the GX touch 50.

When I use VictronConnect (v5.33), connect to the Cerbo by Bluetooth, I can hardly do anything on the Cerbo, but setting WiFi-parameters, and open a browser interface to the Cerbo. Really?

When connection to the Cerbo, using the Cerbo AP, VictronConnect does not show the device (as Local or anywhere), even though the WiFi-connection shows as being established on the Android-Device.

Can anybody tell me, what I am missing here? I assu

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

With the Cerbo Access Point enabled (green LED flashing) you can connect your device to that access point as you would any other WiFi network. The SSID and passcode are on the sticker on the bottom sie of CerboGX. Then you can use a web browser to navigate to the IP address of the CerboGX Access Point at http://172.24.24.1 or http://venus.local
In your web browser you'll then be presented with the remote console screen, just like as if the Touch screen was present and also control pad to the side. You cet the same degree of access via the browser as you would with the touch screen.

The Bluetooth connection via Victron Connect is to make setting up network access to another WiFi Access Point or wired network connection easier. Once network access is achieved then the remote console is the intended control point.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

basti avatar image basti commented ·

Thank you. That's working OK with WLAN. I however was under the impression that Bluetooth would be an option for the "full control". Wonder, why only WLAN...

0 Likes 0 ·